Jackson, Mississippi Water Crisis Attorneys
Helping the Residents of Jackson Take Legal Action
The City of Jackson, Mississippi and the Siemens Corp engineering firm are being sued by residents who are suffering from the latest water crisis there. A class action has formed against these parties for failing to provide suitable drinking water after the water system failed during catastrophic flooding. The lawsuit also argues that the system was failing well in advance and that residents had been exposed to poorly treated water for years.
Kershaw Talley Barlow is known as a champion for the wrongfully injured and mistreated nationwide. We are currently investigating the unfolding water crisis in Jackson, Mississippi. With our extensive experience and resources, we can help Jackson locals file claims against the city and engineering firm or join a forming class action.
Find out if you can file a Jackson water crisis lawsuit. Call (916) 520-6639.
What Caused the Jackson Water Crisis?
On August 29th, 2022, heavy rainfall flooded the Pearl River, which rendered the O.B. Curtis Water Plant offline. Nearly 200,000 people in the area were cut off from running water, prompting a state emergency declaration. City officials and engineering firms are struggling to restore normal water distribution to the region.
Who is Liable for the Jackson Water Crisis?
Kershaw Talley Barlow is digging through details and news reports about the water crisis in Jackson, Mississippi. We want to be able to prove with a preponderance of evidence which parties contributed to the crisis and should be held liable for the resulting damages.
Forming lawsuits and class actions place the blame on:
- City of Jackson, Mississippi: The city itself is a named defendant for failing to maintain the water treatment plant for years, which might have exposed the residents to lead poisoning. The city is also blamed for failing to prevent the treatment plant’s failure in August 2022 that triggered the massive water shortage.
- Mayor Chokwe Lumumba: The mayor of Jackson, Mississippi has been named in at least one Jackson water crisis lawsuit for his failure to hire reliable engineering firms to inspect and maintain the city’s water treatment plant.
- Siemens Corp: In 2010, Siemens Corp was hired to install new water meters in Jackson, which should have been instrumental in identifying the water treatment plant’s issues and potential failure during heavy rain. The engineering firm could be liable for failing to install reliable water meters.
- Trilogy Engineering Services: In 2015, Trilogy Engineering Services was hired by the city to make repairs and complete maintenance on the city’s water system. The lawsuit argues that this engineering firm failed to provide the services for which it was hired.
Damages Owed to Jackson Residents
You and your family have suffered due to the negligent management of Jackson’s water system. It is only right that you are compensated for your suffering and losses. With a successful lawsuit handled by Kershaw Talley Barlow and our Jackson water crisis lawyers, compensation could be yours without putting more stress on your shoulders.
Compensation demanded in lawsuits against Jackson, Mississippi includes:
- Unspecified money damages: The lawsuits that have already been filed are demanding an unspecified amount of money damages. If the class action lawsuit succeeds, then the court will need to approve an amount to be distributed among the plaintiff class. This amount should reflect the harm and inconvenience caused by the water shortage.
- Necessary water system repairs: The Jackson, Mississippi water crisis won’t resolve itself. The class action lawsuit is also hoping to force the city to make required water system repairs and updates.
Learn If You Can File a Water Crisis Lawsuit Today
Kershaw Talley Barlow is standing by to help you understand and exercise your rights as a Jackson, Mississippi resident who has been affected by the city’s water crisis. If you live in the city or the surrounding area, then you likely have an option to start a lawsuit or join a class action, especially if you have lived there for many years. Trust in our expertise, experience, and ethics. Call (916) 520-6639 to request an initial consultation with our Jackson water crisis lawyers.
Millions in Settlements. Even More in Client Trust.
KTB Helped Me Through It All
“KTB Helped Me Through It All”
I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.
“I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. Bill Kershaw and his staff are very knowledgeable and cared about my well-being.”
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.
“Great firm. Was always able to reach them or receive prompt return call. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.”
Recommend Him and His Firm Highly
“I’ve been very pleased with Stuart Talley's service with an ongoing lawsuit against a major corporation and recommend him and his firm highly.”