Camp Fire Lawsuits
Helping Clients Obtain the Compensation They Deserve
The recent wildfires in the city of Paradise have devastated the people of these communities and destroyed thousands of homes and business. In fact, many clients in these two cities and surrounding areas have recently contacted us about potential litigation against the California electric utility company, PG&E.
Preliminary information released to the public by authorities suggests that the fire, which caused tremendous property damage and significant loss of life, might have been caused by the negligence of PG&E. According to reports, PG&E “experienced an outage” in Butte County, 15 minutes before the Camp fire was first reported.
According to a lawsuit filed by Camp Fire survivors, “PG&E was negligent in failing to maintain its infrastructure and properly inspect and manage its power transmission lines.”
What Happens if PG&E Caused the Fire?
If PG&E’s equipment is determined to be responsible for the wildfire, the utility company can be held liable for the financial damages incurred by victims of this disaster. Damages that would have to be compensated by PG&E include:
- Property Damage: Any expenses required for rebuilding your home or business. This includes expenses that aren’t covered by your home owners’ insurance.
- Personal Injuries: Any injuries or deaths that were the direct result of the wildfire.
- Pain, Suffering, Emotional Distress: If you and your family were forced to relocate from your house, it can be a tremendous emotional burden. The same is true if you were forced to flee from the fire to save your life. PG&E can be held liable if you experienced either of these things.
Let Us Handle Your Case
Our law firm is currently investigating these claims and taking on cases for clients who have been impacted by the wildfires in Paradise. Not only can we help you pursue a claim against PG&E, we can also help you deal with:
- Insurance Claims
- Cal OES
- Debris Removal
If you or a loved one have been impacted by the fires, you should immediately consult with our legal team to review all of your options under the law. We are committed to serving clients throughout the Paradise region, and we are here to guide you through your entire case. Let us put our extensive resources and more than 100 years of combined legal experience to work for you.
Call (916) 520-6639 to schedule a free consultation with a Sacramento personal injury lawyer today.
Camp Fire Blogs
- PG&E Camp Fire Lawsui Develops After Ch. 11 Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Camp FIre Update | PGE Initial Findings
- Deadline for Federal Wildfire Aid Application for Camp Fire Survivors is Friday (02/15/19)
- Update on Status of Camp Fire Cases
- All You Need to KNow About the Camp Fire and Its Effect On Paradise
KTB Helped Me Through It All
“KTB Helped Me Through It All”
I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.
“I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. Bill Kershaw and his staff are very knowledgeable and cared about my well-being.”
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.
“Great firm. Was always able to reach them or receive prompt return call. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.”
Recommend Him and His Firm Highly
“I’ve been very pleased with Stuart Talley's service with an ongoing lawsuit against a major corporation and recommend him and his firm highly.”