Electronic Privacy Violation Attorney
Sacramento Electronic Privacy Violation Law Firms
Over 200 million data records of U.S. residents were exposed due to security breaches since February 2005.
Source: Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
Internet and electronic data privacy is an important concern for everyone. People depend on computers at work and for personal uses such as banking, preparing taxes, and shopping. Our computers store sensitive personal and financial data that should never be made available for unauthorized uses.
Generally, online privacy is governed by a series of federal and state statutes and regulations that specifically prohibit obtaining and using private information that is contained on your computer and/or that you have transmitted to third parties. Many of these statutes allow private individuals to initiate class actions against businesses that violate these privacy rules. In many cases, civil penalties can exceed millions of dollars.
Conduct that has been the subject of legal action under these statutes includes:
- Web sites that misrepresent the purpose for collecting personal information
- Web sites that disclose, share or sell consumers’ personal information to third parties without the consent of the consumer
- Misrepresenting the security of an individual’s personal information
- Misrepresenting the ways that personal information will be used
- Misrepresenting the ways that the personal information of children may be collected, used, and disclosed
- Failing to disclose the use and installation of cookies
- Failing to disclose the use and installation of Web bugs
- Failing to disclose information-gathering through spyware, which is incorporated into consumer software to trace consumers’ internet activities
If you believe you were the victim of an electronic privacy violation, please contact us for a free case evaluation or call Kershaw Talley Barlow toll-free at (916) 520-6639.
I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.
“I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. Bill Kershaw and his staff are very knowledgeable and cared about my well-being.”
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.
“Great firm. Was always able to reach them or receive prompt return call. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.”
Recommend Him and His Firm Highly
“I’ve been very pleased with Stuart Talley's service with an ongoing lawsuit against a major corporation and recommend him and his firm highly.”