Scientific and Technical Expertise
At Kershaw Talley Barlow, our in-house scientific team possesses the scientific and technical expertise to solve problems with outside-the-box yet scientifically-backed methods, allowing us to successfully prosecute the most challenging cases, time and time again. For cases with complicated scientific evidence and technical data, we can dive into the details and get to the truth, often much faster and more accurately than what even large corporate law firms can manage. We understand that building a successful case requires a deep analysis and precise application of scientific and technical evidence to the facts of the case within the context of the law.
Either directly from clients or via attorney referrals, we often litigate and try:
- High-value mass torts
- Nationwide class action lawsuits
- Complex medical device injury cases
- Other high-stakes contingency-fee cases
Our scientific team, which is comprised of leading attorneys/scientists who hold advanced degrees and trained at some of the nation’s most prestigious institutions including Yale, Duke, Emory, and the University of Washington, routinely serves on court-appointed scientific leadership committees working toward the common benefit of thousands of plaintiffs injured by pharmaceuticals and unsafe products within the medical industry. There is no case too big or data too intricate for us to handle.
Our Firm’s Scientific Capabilities
Kershaw Talley Barlow is far more than a trial law firm thanks to our in-house team of attorney-scientists. With an array of different scientific backgrounds and certifications, we are highly qualified to handle cases that require an in-depth understanding of many fields of science. Your legal team doesn’t need to spend years earning scientific certifications and degrees when you refer your case to Kershaw Talley Barlow instead.
Our scientific capabilities include the following and more:
- Expertise in epidemiology, biostatistics, and medicine
- Expertise in biochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology
- Statistical data analysis and other consulting related to presentation of complex data
- Patent and other intellectual property litigation
- Daubert methodology and cross-examination
- Case vetting and due diligence
- Technical assistance and consulting on existing and potential litigation
- Pre-litigation case evaluation
- Expert recruitment and coaching
- Expert liaison
- Access to expansive expert network of our team’s scientific colleagues and connections
Meet Our Scientific Team
- Attorney William J. Lee: William J. Lee is the director of our scientific team who focuses on mass tort and class action practices while leading our scientific consulting practice. William has been elected to membership in the prestigious American College of Epidemiology and the International Epidemiological Association for his significant and sustained contributions to the field of epidemiology and named a leading American scientist by Marquis Who's Who in America. William is a member of court-appointed scientific leadership committees in federal and state courts involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices including Acetaminophen – ASD/ADHD Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 3043), Gilead Tenofovir Cases (JCCP No. 5043), and Essure Product Cases (JCCP No. 4887). William has additional experience as a statistical consultant/technical advisor for pharmaceutical and patent cases including before the United States Supreme Court, a published epidemiologist/biostatistician formerly employed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Center for Patient Safety (NCPS), and a former research scientist specializing in molecular genetics and laboratory methods related to molecular cell biology and biochemistry.
- Vinh T. Le: Vinh T. Le is an experienced member of our scientific team who primarily focuses his practice on class action and mass tort litigation. Vinh is a member of court-appointed scientific leadership committees in federal and state courts involving pharmaceuticals including Acetaminophen – ASD/ADHD Products Liability Litigation (MDL No. 3043) and Gilead Tenofovir Cases (JCCP No. 5043). Vinh is a former research scientist specializing in computational modeling and laboratory methods related to molecular cell biology and physiology. With his appellate experience litigating high-stakes patent disputes and other intellectual property conflicts, Vinh can successfully navigate complex lawsuits and multijurisdictional litigation with his scientific mind and legal background.
Refer, Co-Counsel, or Consult with Us on Complicated, Science-Driven Cases
Kershaw Talley Barlow and our scientific team are always ready to assist with complex cases brought by other law firms throughout the City of Sacramento, the State of California, and across the country. We know that your law firm is already spinning many plates with other cases. Taking on a case rich with scientific complexities that calls for a deep technological understanding of data and various scientific instruments could simply be too much of an ask. By referring the case to us, you can take advantage of our unique backgrounds, experience, and scientific expertise. As always, any case referred to our scientific experts will be shown the utmost respect and professionalism because we’ll be representing both your law firm and ours – and it’s the right thing to do.
Call (916) 520-6639 or contact us online to speak with a member of our scientific team today about referrals, co-counseling, consulting, and other opportunities.
KTB Helped Me Through It All
“KTB Helped Me Through It All”
I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family.
“I am thankful to Kershaw Talley Barlow, and I would highly recommend them to my friends and family. Bill Kershaw and his staff are very knowledgeable and cared about my well-being.”
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.
“Great firm. Was always able to reach them or receive prompt return call. Very thorough and knowledgeable. Explained everything to me in great detail. I feel that they actually cared about me.”
Recommend Him and His Firm Highly
“I’ve been very pleased with Stuart Talley's service with an ongoing lawsuit against a major corporation and recommend him and his firm highly.”