If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, seek immediate medical attention if necessary. Your health is first and foremost. However, it is important to ensure your rights are protected. The following is recommended in the event of an accident in Sacramento:
1. Make sure no one is hurt.
- If someone sustains a serious injury, call 9-1-1. In the case of an emergency, seek immediate medical attention. Even if your symptoms appear minor, it is still important to be examined by a doctor.
2. File a report of the collision as soon as possible.
Gather the following information:
- time and location where the accident happened
- driver license numbers
- license plate numbers
- insurance information
- Names, address and phone numbers of anyone involved in the accident including witnesses
Take pictures if possible. Documenting the scene of the accident, vehicles involved, and your injuries, are valuable evidence when pursuing a personal injury claim.
3. Write down what happened
- If you recall, write down the details of the accident as honestly and accurately as you can.
4. Do not speak with the insurance company
- The at-fault party’s insurance company will call you after the accident. Before talking to an insurance company, contact an attorney first to discuss your legal rights. You do not want to make admissions of fault or liability to the other party. In addition, do not agree to any recorded statements or conversations with the insurance company. In the heat of the moment, things may have unfolded differently than you perceived.
5. Keep all accident-related records
- Keep copies of any costs that are related to the accident.
Consequences of a motorcycle accident in Sacramento
A motorcycle accident can result in irreparable damage or loss. Motorcycle accident injuries can include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Nerve Damage and Paralysis
- Muscle Damage
- Ruptured Organs
- Broken, fractured or dislocated bones
- Loss of limbs
- Property Damage
If the truck driver and/or trucking company is found at-fault, the injured victims can seek compensation for accident-related damages including:
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury
- Lost wages
- Loss of consortium
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorneys | Free Case Evaluation
Victims of a motorcycle accident are advised to contact a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney who will focus on their case and protect their legal rights. Our lawyers are experienced and have the resources to handle these cases. Call us for a free case evaluation at (916) 520-6639 or fill out and submit the contact form found on this page.